1) Putting things like metal into your mouth is bad for your teeth. You can supposedly chip your teeth this way. Who knew?
2) Just because a musical has puppets in it does not mean it is appropriate for children.
3) If you are on vacation you will most likely get sick.
4) When you slide on ice and tap the back of a large pick-up truck and they say "that's alright" what they really mean is "In three months I'm going to call your insurance and try to blame you for a totally unrelated incident."
5) Sometimes cautious drivers will stop at a yield sign even if no cars are coming. Especially if they are foreign and do not know the difference between a stop and yield sign.
6) When you hit the back of a car that has stopped at a yield sign even though no cars are coming, it is quite possible that awful green liquid will ooze out of your car. And you will cry.
7) No matter how much you love your Nissan Maxima, it will not magically reappear in your driveway.
8) No matter how much you love the truck you're borrowing from a friend they will not hand it over. Even i f you bake them brownies. Or write a love song to the Nissans you adore.
9) Writing a book in 8 days will turn you into a Zombie.
10) Trying to accomplish NaNo after spending 8 days writing a novel is not a good idea.
11) Just because there are exploding wardrobes in your novel does not mean that you will be able to finish said novel in 30 days. Sadly.
12) An all girl's college is very weird. And not necessarily in a bad way.
13) Never transfer from a place that will hold your transcripts hostage.
14) Be careful while writing. Do not empath too much with a suicidal character. Or a character obsessed with shoes. Bad things can happen.
15) Bloggy friends are Amazing. Never lose them for they will keep you sane.
16) Summaries aren't as hard to write as you thought they were.
17) Do not tell people your car exploded in the middle of the highway. It does not go over well.
18) Even if you work in a store clearly marked "Calendar Store" customers will still ask for things that have nothing to do with calendars. Like asking for fish food.
19) Researching agents can lead you to discover some really wonderful books that you might not have read otherwise.
20) If you go to the library multiple times a week the librarians will start knowing you by name. This is not a a bad thing.
21) The insanity of writing is cantagious. You may or may not cause others to start hearing character voices and you may or may not cause certain parents to worry for their children's sanity.
22) Do no talk to your characeters out loud while at work, even if it is late and no customers are around.
23) Age doesn't matter as much as people think it does.
24) Sometimes you have to actually study what you're learning in class. It does not magically enter your brain through some sort of Learning Portal.
25) Polaris is the most Amazing Convention Ever!
26) BEA is also up there on the E.o.M
27) Spakes are a whole lot more complex then you thought they would be.
28) Sometimes, even if you only have one chapter left a novel will not let you end it. This can be an okay thing.
29) Some bosses are better than others. Some should be avoided, some should not.
30) Catholics can be pretty cool people.
31) Some jobs are worth fighting for, some are not. Sometimes you will not be sure which truth applies to the situation.
32) If you leave coats/notebooks/Bibles lying around at some church buildings they will disappear and you will never see them again. This will very likely sadden and frustrate you.
33) Having an organ-obsessed brother can be a good thing, and can even produce some pretty darn good music.
34) Aristophanes is one funny guy, and Aeschylus has some really Spake-appropriate quotes.
35) You cannot go to college for anything cool until you do graduate work. This is unfair.
36) There are times that it is perfectly acceptable to go into the city to meet people you've met online. As long as your parents know about it and you go in pairs.
37) Sometimes you will write blog posts that are not your best work, but people will read them anyway because they care about you and it will blow your mind.