Tabs! :D

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

O is for Obadiah/ Oh no!

Obadiah is was my antagonist for my one story. It's a problem, because every story needs some sort of antagonist (or else where's the tension coming from?) Yes, well, Obadiah is just annoying enough to stop being an antagonist and flips around to be a stinking protagonist. Gah! I don't know what he was thinking, but it was hardly considerate.

Thus I have had to create an antagonist. I think I came up with the solution, but it's still a little wobbly in my head right now. I think I still need to know Obadiah a little bit better, and in order to get to know him better I wrote this little bit from his perspective. It's not particularly good because Obadiah thinks in such boring terms. He's so darn rational, which I was not expecting from him at all. Stupid characters acting out on their own.

---

Yeah. I was going to have a post all about Obadiah, but after Wednesday, this post has changed to Oh nO!

This is what me car is supposed to look like:

The car on the left, the car on the left

Yes, yes, I know it's a bad picture. I know I have better pics somewhere, but I do not have the time, nor the energy, to find them right now.

This is what my car looks like now:

It's kerkrunchled

For all of you who are unaware, this is a stop sign:

See? It's bright and red and shiny?

This is a yield sign:

Also red and shiny, but a different shape

The lady in front of me (who found it necessary to go ten miles under the speed limit on the highway) stopped at the yield sign, when there was no traffic in the way. I wasn't expecting that. I wanted to pull out and drive harmlessly away. She wanted to stop. She stopped. I was forced to stop. My car is totaled.

I sat on the side of the road, looking up at the clear blue sky, avoiding the sight of the green goo oozing out of my car (radiator is dead, dead, dead), trying to parse verbs in my head because... Whoops! I had a final in a couple of hours. Fortunately I left early, so I wasn't late. (That would've been fun.) And I did get to meet a nice tow truck driver.

So finals are over. I have no car. I'm starting a new job that's far away from my house (so my parents can't really drop me off) and I'm going on vacation next week. Life will definitely be interesting.

In other news, the end of my contest came, so tomorrow (probably) I will post up the winners!! :D

And now, for a few moments of silence for the death of my Nissan Maxima.

13 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Oh no! Poor, poor Nissan. How terrible - but at least you're OK!

Can't wait to hear about the contest results.

Al said...

As you say, Oh No!

At least you weren't hurt.

As a totally useless couple of pieces of trivia.
Here in Oz we don't "total" a car we "write it off" and a yield sign isn't a yield sign it is a "Give Way" sign.

Laura S. said...

Oh no, sorry about your car. I'm glad you're okay, though! And yay for finals being over!!!

Hannah said...

That sucks! Sorry to hear about your car. I will light a candle for it tomorrow.

Yay for the end of the contest! I better win this one! *shaking fist*

Sarah Ahiers said...

ugh that sucks. Twin totaled her truck this winter when she slid on some ice and crashed into a lady. I was also in an accident last fall when i was rearended so hard i was pushed into the person in front of me.
Luckily my car wasn't totalled but still...

Unknown said...

@Talli: True. It would've been much more complicated if ut was more than just my car.

@Al: The funny thing is, I almost put up a Give Way sign, and then I had to remind myself that I was in America.

@Laura: I'm SOOO glad finals are over! Woohoo! *does dance*

@Palindrome: *bows head* I thank thee for thy lighted candle.

@Falen: Pooey, why did they slam into you so hard? I shall hunt them down and shake my fist at them!

Rebecca T. said...

poor little car ;-;

VW: tritte - Losing your car is not a tritte matter.

Blam said...


This is what my car looks like now:

Sweet muffins! You are officially not allowed to get into car accidents while I'm behind on reading your blog. And while this may sound like a strange set of priorities or a missed opportunity to forbid you from getting into car accidents, like, ever, clearly all I have to do is remain slightly behind on reading your blog and you'll be dandy.

VW: tatriot — A spud that is true to its country.

Blam said...


Yeah, I know this comment is kinda late (and there are more to come on other posts), but I tend to catch up on blogs in bunches — and then I have to wait for my Wi-Fi to be working to post my remarks. Is it worth it? I like to think so, especially because Joan has a habit of finding me, swooping in like the vulture she is, and livening up the conversation.

Blam said...


Huh? Where'd my previous comment go? I'd written this and seen it show up on the page... but now it's gone:

This is what my car looks like now:

Sweet muffins! You are officially not allowed to get into car accidents while I'm behind on reading your blog. And while this may sound like a strange set or priorities or a missed opportunity to forbid you from getting into car accidents, like, ever, clearly all I have to do is remain slightly behind on reading your blog and you'll be dandy.

VW 1: tatriot: — A spud that's true to its country.

VW 2: henstan — 1. Middle Eastern nation of chickens. 2. Reminding Stan what female fowls are called.

Unknown said...

@Blam: Hmm... Now that you're caught up on my blog should I be afraid of getting into a car? *looks nervously out window at vehicles*

Blam said...


Nope. Still behind.

VW: cheness — Having the qualities of Sr. Guevara.

Blam said...


PS: As proof: I see a Retail Wednesday post sitting there that I haven't read yet.