Tabs! :D

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Books of 2009!

So this year my sis and I kept track of all of the books we read and kinda' promised each other that we would post about it. So here is the post! I didn't read as much as I thought I would, but that's because I ended up writing a whole lot more than I thought I was going to, so it all balances out, I suppose.

Anyhow... I'm going to try and keep this brief, and if it goes on way too long I will separate it into two posts. But here goes...

Jan 1st - March 17th:
Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Rick Riordan
2) The Sea Monster
3) The Titan's Curse
4) The Battle of the Labyrinth
(There were amazing books, and I recommend them to pretty much anyone.)

The Two Gentlemen of Verona - Shakespeare (it was kinda' weird, I gotta admit)
Redwall - Brian Jacques (My friend really loves these books, so I was kinda' sad that I wasn't really thrilled when I read it. It made me sad.)
The Host - Stephanie Meyer (Honestly, I liked this one much better than the Twilight ensemble)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J. K. Rowling (Very cute!)
Inkheart - Cornelia Funke (Good, but it was a little hard to get through)
100 Cupboards - N. D. Wilson (REALLY GOOD! I loved it)
Fablehaven - Brandon Mull (I absolutely love these books. So much.)
Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star
Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague
Ulysses S. Moore and the Door to Time - Michael Merryweather (Pretty good - it actually "changed my life" but I don't think the author intended his usage of the word philology to send me off into ecstatics)
Ulysses S. Moore and the Long Lost Map - Michael Merryweather
The Handwriting Analysis Toolkit: Character and Personality Revealed Through Graphology - Peter West (No offense to anyone, but I found this book hilarious. Some of the stuff was interesting, the rest was so ridiculous. Where do they come up with such stuff?)
Stormbreakers - Anthony Harowitz (Pretty good, but not the genre I usually read)

March 18th - July 15th

Just Ella - Margaret Peterson Haddix (I know Cinderella stories can be overdone, but this one was very good)
The Folk Keeper - Franny Billingsley (I picked this one up on a whim at the library and I absolutely loved it.)
Dandelion Fire - N. D. Wilson (It was thick, but very good.)
First Escape - G. P. Taylor (Very interesting, but good)
Austenland - Shannon Hale (I love her books *squee*)
Politically Correct Bedtime Stories: Modern Tales For Our Lifetime - James Finn Garner (Hi-lar-ious)
Wicked - Gregory Maguire (Very different than what I expected, but still very good)
Mission Road - Rick Riordan (He is a super good author)
Nobody's Princess - Esther Friesner (I'm really looking forward to reading the sequel to this - Very believable characters)
Fat Kid Rules the World - K. L. Going (I liked it.)
Coraline - Neil Gaiman (Twas very good)
The Ever After War - Michael Buckley (I love the Sisters Grimm!)
Be Intolerant: Because Some Things are Just Stupid - Ryan Dobson (Great book, for reals)
One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven - Mark Cahill (Very good, though-provoking)

July 16th - Dec 31st

Dealing With Dragons - Patricia C. Wrede (I started reading it at Borders and just had to buy it. She has such an intriguing voice as an author, and i was just laughing everywhere)
River Secrets - Shannon Hale
Kenny and the Dragon - Tony DiTerlizzi (I read this because I enjoyed the Spiderwick Chronicles. It was a cute story)
Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles: A Giant Problem - Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
The Devouring - Simon Holt (I really liked these!)
Need - Carrie Jones (I lover Carrie's voice. She is quite funny and I follow her blog because she is just amazing. And her book was too, and i'm planning on reading more of her)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan (What impressed me most about this book is the fact that I hated the main character, but I still enjoyed the book. I didn't know that was impossible)
How to Ditch Your Fairy - Justine Larbalestier (This was such an adorable story! I loved it.)
Ink Exchange - Melissa Marr (Melissa Marr rocks my socks off)
The Liberation of Gabriel King - K. L. Going (Very good.)
Blood and Chocolate - Annette Curtis Klause (No offense, but this was a bizarre book)
Fragile Eternity - Melissa Marr (She is super amazing!)
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare (I really liked this)
The Most Second Book in the Whole Series - Jessica Wagner (I liked Twilight and I still enjoyed this. Jessica Wagner writes some really funny stuff. I found her on a blog - she is self-published and really cool)
Nanoland Chronicles: Bedtime Stories for Wrimos - Chris Baty (he is hilarious. I loved it)
Graceling - Kristin Cashore (I really liked this story, but I think she should have ended it a few chapters sooner. It went just a little too long for me.)
The Mystery of the Fool and the Vanisher - David and Ruth Ellwand (It had really pretty pictures)

And that about sums it all up :) Hope it wasn't too dreadfully long and bored your socks off.

1 comment:

Rachele Alpine said...

I love your blog header! I wanted to tell you that you won a pair of gloves from my blog!!! Read all about it:

www.freckle-head.blogspot.com

Congrats! :)